Saturday, January 30, 2010

Downsizing - EBay Sale

I sold something on ebay that I have been meaning to sell for close to 10 years! It was a ceramic Lladro figure. I always wanted to sell it and meant to because I felt uncomfortable moving such a fragile item from storage shelf to storage shelf! Finally I took the few minutes to list it. Actually, I had to list it 3 times before it sold, and I had to reduce the price twice. But, I'm glad I did what was needed, because someone now is happy to have the Lladro; and it is not broken, and I got good feedback from the transaction! "Exactly as described" was what the feedback said; that's good feedback indeed!

There was one problem for me. When I sell an item, I want to be sure the buyer receives the item and accepts it before I leave feedback. I put a little card into my items that asks the buyer to acknowledge receipt by leaving feedback for me, and I say I will then leave feedback for them. But no; that's not the way things are "done" these days. Buyers expect you to leave good feedback for them as soon as they pay. And, I guess people also don't read the small print on the cards I send, even though it's just one sentence. But, if the buyer gives the seller a hassle after receiving the item and the good feedback, then the buyer already has the good feedback and the seller can get stuck with bad feedback. I think ebay may be changing their feedback system...again. Perhaps with the maturity of the website and the clientele, all the angles have been discovered and there is no way to keep everyone happy.

No comments: